To request a posting on the job board, please send an email with job specifics to email@example.com. Your request will be acknowledged soon thereafter.
Posted May 19, 2013
Micro Encoder Inc. (MEI) an R&D company develops software, sensors and measurement technologies for state-of-the-art industrial inspection applications. We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our world-class research and development team.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
4 year degree (Engineering / Science degree preferred) or 2 years of technical writing experience in an engineering or software development environment
- Ability to understand and document complex systems that include hardware and software
- Spelling, grammar, and writing skills
- Problem-solving capability
- Ability to understand basic algebra and analytical geometry
- Team work skills, and enthusiastic and positive work attitude
- Ability to work under schedule pressure
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office
- Instructional Design knowledge
- Creating and editing XML files
- Content Management System, HyBrix preferred
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of documentation process in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Familiarity with localization guidelines and processes
- HTML Help creation
- WebWorks ePublisher
- JustSystems XMetaL
- Experience with Single Sourcing
- Adobe FrameMaker or other authoring tools
- Adobe Illustrator or other graphic design tools
- Online or stand-alone tutorial
- Knowledge of Japanese and/or German language and business practices
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documenting CMM systems and Vision measuring system, as part of a global team
- Gathering technical information from various sources, including team members, specifications, applications, and hands-on use of measuring machines
- Soliciting and incorporating feedback from technical reviewers and editors
- Producing printed and online documentation
- Working on other documentation projects as necessary
- Coordinating multiple documentation projects
- Scheduling assigned documentation projects
- May be involved in maintaining the HTML and PDF portions of the automated build process
- May be involved in developing online training materials for a CMM product
- Participating international web conferences across multiple time zones, sometimes in irregular hours
MEI offers a progressive, challenging, casual team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, including matching 401k.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please:
- Describe how your technical/engineering skills and experiences can contribute to this position.
- Please briefly describe one of your previous projects, which closely match this position.
Refer to requisition #2013-07s in the subject line. Send both by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 11533 NE 118th Street, Kirkland, WA 98034 or by fax to 425-821-3228.
Please visit www.microen.com for additional information. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Posted May 5, 2013
Technical Writer Intern
Technical Writer Intern
EDGAR Online, an RR Donnelley Company, is seeking a Technical Writer Intern to join our product development team in Bellevue, WA.
This position will translate technical information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences. The intern will work with a small team of highly technical individuals who are responsible for developing the core infrastructure that enables the EDGAR Online service offerings.
The intern will use Microsoft Word and Adobe RoboHelp to develop online help, whitepapers, and other material necessary to document code and systems for end users, software engineers, technical support, and operations staff.
The intern will utilize Microsoft Visual Studio source control and bug-tracking software to add files to the repository and to coordinate work with the team.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The intern candidate should be a full-time student at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor or higher degree in Technical Communication, English (preferably with a concentration in journalism), or Computer Science. Candidates with programming experience are encouraged to apply, though coding knowledge is not required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in writing and editing, such as on a college newspaper.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong desire to learn and contribute to the team.
Posted May 5, 2013
Technical Writer (Seattle, WA)
TrainingFolks is a global provider of custom learning solutions, consulting and contingent workforce services. Combining award winning adult learning experience, with a proven engagement methodology that includes a talented network of learning professionals, TrainingFolks collaborates with our clients to implement change. Founded in 1997, TrainingFolks’ mission is to build a higher performing workforce. We address our clients’ issues of urgency, capacity and capability.
This is an exciting new role with a large Software Development Firm!
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Functional writer who can write content associated with insurance industry for a website that is being designed.
- Strong writing skills
- Copywriter for Website Development
- Copy that can be included in the content
Start Date: Immediately
Contract Length: 3 – 4 Months
Candidate must be willing to travel as required/be in commutable distance of Seattle, WA
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills.
Please send your resume to
Kugaluxan Skandarajah email@example.com
Posted May 5, 2013
Interested Candidates can contact Brant@wimmersolutions.com and please forward a Word copy of their resume. Reference Job #15948 (Programmer/Technical Writer).
We are looking for a seasoned Programmer-Writer/Technical Writer to create and maintain product documentation for customers and end users, simplifying complex concepts and processes to maximize reader comprehension. This is an opportunity to build a documentation set from scratch.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of existing and new functional product components and how they solve customer needs
· Collaborate with users and developers to create, assimilate and convey technical information in a concise and effective manner through manuals, diagrams and tutorials
· Create a process and/or system to deliver documentation in various formats (Word, PDF, HTML, etc.), with content relevant to individual customer needs
· Develop tools and processes to keep documentation current in a rapidly changing environment
· The position involves writing API, SDK documentation and user manuals
· 5+ years technical writing experience creating user-facing and technical documentation from scratch
· Ability to understand and convey technical information quickly and concisely
· Ability to work independently and interact well with other departments and teams
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills communication skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Significant experience with at least one programming language, preferably Java or Python
· Recent API and SDK documentation experience
· Understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Internet security experience a big plus
· Knowledge of cloud technologies also a plus
Posted April 24, 2013
Type: Technical Writer
Location: Shelton, WA
Writing Assistance, Inc. is a nationwide staffing agency. Currently we are looking for a solid Technical Writer in the Shelton, WA area.
Our client has a piece of equipment, currently in service, that they designed and manufactured in house. They need to have a manual written for it that covers both the operation and scheduled maintenance plan. This should include the safety as well as tips on how to avoid problems. This manual will be used by the team for training on how to both operate and maintain the machine.
The end user of this manual will primarily be field personnel with very limited education so graphics rather than words have a much better impact. We are looking for good pictures (maybe with arrows) accompanied by clear and to the point descriptions will go a long way. Our client can produce graphics on my end if needed.
Parts of the machine that use off the shelf components and have their own manual in pdf format that can be used in this guide as well.
This position will require that the contractor has their own computer and software as well as the ability to work on-site as needed to information gather. Start date is immediate.
Interested in candidates should send a resume in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job number 7827.
Posted April 18, 2013
At Tyler Technologies, we devote all of our time, energy and resources to help local governments and school districts become more efficient, accessible and responsive to the needs of their constituents. With more than 2,000 employees (and consistent growth), Tyler has a proven track record of supporting its people’s careers and lives. Tyler Technologies has an opening in the Renton office for an Information Architect.
The Information Architect presents the information that clients need to fully implement and use Tyler applications. Projects include application design, Help and eLearning systems, and online communities. The Information Architect collaborates with fellow architects, management, Product Development, Support, and Professional Services to meet the information needs of internal and external clients.
- Learn Tyler products to the depth where you can teach the concepts and processes to clients.
- Evaluate the intended audience for information products. Plan and develop content that models best practices for knowledge transfer to adults with a variety of learning styles.
- Advocate for the user during the software design process and suggest ways to improve the user experience with the software.
- Produce Help systems, multimedia presentations, printable training materials, community content, and other training products that conform to established guidelines for the medium of delivery.
- Support coworkers with peer editing for accurate use of grammar, punctuation, and styles and production testing to ensure optimum delivery.
- Help maintain and suggest improvements to department products, processes, and tools.
- Manage own work schedule to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, Technical Writing, Human Centered Design & Engineering, Instructional Design, or a related field.
- One to three years of experience creating and producing content in various formats such as Help systems and eLearning projects.
- Experience or education in information systems, business processes, and/or accounting, or two years of experience with ERP products.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to quickly change focus and work under pressure.
- Ability to learn new concepts and software systems independently and to interpret technical concepts for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal English language skills, teamwork, and customer service skills. A pleasant demeanor and a sense of humor are preferred.
- Experience with tools for content management, advanced word processing, Help authoring, video production, and graphic production such as Microsoft® Word, Adobe® RoboHelp®, Adobe® Captivate®, and Adobe® Photoshop®.
- Ability to type 60 WPM.
Posted: February 26, 2013
Business Analyst / Technical Writer
One year contract
Location: Tukwila, WA area
• Proven examples of work as a Business Analyst
• Supports digital technology project teams by capturing all requirements in a sufficiently formal manner to support accurate development and change management.
• Works with technology teams, business partners and project teams to gather, analyze, and document business, functional, and technical requirements. Translates business-focused requests into detailed information for software development teams to complete work.
• Writes, edits, and collaborates on a wide range of technical documentation (Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, Design Specs, Project Change controls).
• Identifies, evaluates, and communicates issues and risks, including the impact that changes to applications or infrastructure may have on a project, and can help business partners prioritize and understand technical implications of requests.
• Models data and diagrams processes using Visio or other tools to show As-Is/To-Be flowcharts and roadmaps.
• Manages documentation projects that may cut across departmental boundaries.
• Plans, facilitates, and participates in working sessions with subject-matter experts from various departments.
• Conducts reviews of technical documentation and works with software developers, architects, project managers, QA, build management, IT support teams, and others.
• Develops or maintains the templates used for technical documentation using Word, Excel, or Infopath.
• Uses knowledge of industry best practices to recommend and help implement changes to existing project templates and processes.
• Researches additional SDLC best practices and tools to further streamline documentation practices and processes.
• Experience in working with software development teams (including internal development as well as external/outsourced models) and software design (including a mix of Waterfall/Agile methods)
• Experience in business-process design and implementation (e.g., business-process modeling and use-case modeling analysis.)
• Strong experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents using change control and bug tracking (SpiraTeam, Jira, Bugzilla or other requirements tracking tools ideal).
• Experience with data- and process-flow modeling using a variety of formal modeling techniques and mechanisms for eliciting, capturing, and modeling requirements.
• Experience with SharePoint 2007/2010 (preference for site administration or business power owner experience).
• Strong ability to work directly with business partners in R&D, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Brand-focused, and IT teams and hold tradeoff conversations to meet project deadlines.
• Understanding of technology tools and solutions and business applications (including high level understanding of server and network challenges for 24×7 support of local hosting and shared hosting models, integrating legacy systems with new technology solutions, and technology tradeoffs)
• Strong ability to interact with technology team to understand existing architecture, global tools, and technology roadmaps
Skills Preferred but Not Required:
• Awareness of information security policies (to secure Intellectual Property) and global compliance (such a privacy issues) and system availability, scalability, stability
• Experience with localization desired
• ITIL certification desired
Please contact Joe Rogel at 206-851-2400 or email@example.com
Posted: January 22, 2013
(Full-Time Employment opportunity in Downtown Seattle)
Programmer/Writer to assist in the creation of customer-facing documentation describing the use of Clients’ application programming interfaces and software development kits. Types of documents produced include conceptual guides, programming guides, API references, and code samples.
- Work with web service program management to define and produce conceptual guides for web service products.
- Work with web service product specifications and development teams to populate parallel API references for web service users and Java client users (Javadoc).
- Work with various subject matter experts to produce sample programs demonstrating features of web services and associated Java clients.
- Verify correctness of reference code samples and standalone sample programs by executing and debugging as necessary.
- Provide feedback to product development teams regarding usability and consistency of interfaces.
- Learn how customers use Client’s products and identify opportunities to address usage problems with additional or improved documentation and samples.
- Apprise management regularly of progress and issues.
- Excellent ability to understand conceptual problems and translate into high quality documentation.
- Knowledge of web service architecture
- BS in CS, IT or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Java programming language
- Experience producing API documentation for a professional developer audience
- Experience developing code samples to demonstrate API features
- Familiarity with common technical style guides such as MSTP
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and have a proactive approach to job
Preference given to candidates with:
- Hands-on professional software development experience
- Experience producing documentation in an agile/scrum software development environment
- Experience with multiple online help systems
Client offers a great compensation and benefits package, including employee stock purchase plan.