Why Volunteer for STC-PSC?
The Puget Sound Chapter of STC depends on the service and commitment of our volunteers. As a volunteer, there are many benefits you can take advantage of. Here are just some of them:
- Gain work experience and in some cases receive a reference for your work.
- Advance your career and become more marketable in the job market.
- Network with local, national, and international technical communicators.
- Expand and offer your existing skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Be an innovator and industry leader.
- Enhance your resume or college application.
- Meet and learn from technology leaders.
- Demonstrate your company’s values.
What are the current volunteer opportunities?
Our current needs include SEO Manager, Blog Manager, Chapter Meeting Photographers.
Here are their main responsibilities:
Social Media Manager
Each month the chapter meeting and other events will need to be marketed on our social media. (Approx. 2 hours per mo.)
- Using your own LinkedIn account, become a member of a list of LI Groups and post events throughout the month for each event open for registration.
- Update the Meetup group with new events and also send out updated announcements to market our meetings and events.
- Post on local tech pub calendars, other meetup groups as appropriate, and look for new avenues to get the work out about our meetings and events.
- Looking for someone to own this space and reach out to people to participate.
- Will review submissions, work with writers, and help develop finished pieces.
- Will also be responsible for posting finished blog posts to web site.
Anyone can do this job. If you attend a meeting, snap some photos and send them to PR@stc-psc.org. If we use it we’ll give you photo credit for your pictures.
- Take pictures at events and send them in after the event to be used in newsletters and other media.
To apply for any of these positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org