Each year, the Puget Sound Chapter of the STC sponsors one scholarship, usually in the amount of $1000. The 2018 scholarship is being offered to students to further their education in technical communication.
The scholarship fund was originally (1986) established to honor two Society Fellows who made significant contributions to STC (at both the chapter and society levels) and to the technical communication community as a whole. Among their many accomplishments, James W. Souther and Myron L. White were instrumental in establishing the Puget Sound Chapter.
Students who are enrolled in the following approved two-year, four-year, and graduate programs in colleges and universities in the Puget Sound area are eligible to apply for the scholarships:
- Edmonds Community College: A.T.A., Visual Communications
- Shoreline Community College: A.A.A.S., Graphic Design
- UW College of Engineering: B.S., M.S.T.C., PhD. in Human-Centered Design and Engineering
- UW College of Education: M.Ed., Educational Communication & Technology
- UW School of Art: B.F.A., M.F.A., Visual Communication Design
- Western Washington University: B.S., Industrial Design
For 2018, the application period is from February 3rd to June 2nd, 2018. Applications must be postmarked no later than June 2nd in order to be considered.You will find the application forms at links below once the program is open for 2018:
- Scholarship Application
- Employer Reference
- Faculty References
Here is the link to the application.