Are you interested in DITA want to provide feedback to the DITA community that might have an impact on its future? The OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee is extending an invitation to STC members and participants to attend a Seattle-area “DITA listening session” on Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 3:30-6:00 PM.
Xeditor (inside the Galvanize Building)
111 S. Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104
- About Galvanize: http://www.galvanize.com/campuses/seattle-pioneer-square/
- About Pioneer Square: http://www.pioneersquare.org/
Date: January 24, 2017
Time: 3:30-6:00 PM
Who should attend:
Members of the OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee (local and video remote). Area DITA writers, architects, managers, and tool smiths. Company reps at all stages of a DITA implementation.
Although members of these Technical Committees interact with DITA prospects and DITA practitioners routinely at conferences and online, we suspect that our picture of how things are actually going for DITA companies is incomplete if we do not have venues for those DITA users and architects who have not had opportunity to attend conferences, local user groups (if they exist), or technical forums. These listening sessions are a form of outreach to DITA people where they live and work. The sessions are an opportunity for the Committee to obtain feedback from current, past and future DITA users. The Technical Committee recently released DITA Version 1.3 and is now assessing what sorts of features and/or capabilities might be important for DITA 2.0. See http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/
The DITA Adoption Technical Committee focuses on identifying and removing obstacles to initial DITA adoption and long-term DITA investments. See https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-adoption
- 30 minute – meet n’ greet and then a 60 minute – attendee roundtable—how is DITA doing at your company?
- 30 minute – Q&A – OASIS TC members asking attendees
- 30 minute – Q&A – local attendees asking OASIS TC members
- (Optional) Dinner and refreshments at a local watering hole (no host)
For more information: Scott Hudson, email@example.com, 303.328.6228
On site event but no registration required! Please RSVP by January 10th to:
- Configuring Zoom - September 22, 2017
- Session 2: Introducing SharePoint - September 6, 2017
- Session 3: Learn to Use Word Like a Boss! - September 6, 2017
- Tentative Meeting Dates for 2017-18 - September 5, 2017
- August 29th Chapter Meeting to Redefine STC - August 23, 2017
- How To Work with SMEs and Not Lose Your Mind - March 16, 2017
- Workshop on Adobe Technical Communication Suite - March 6, 2017
- DITA Listening Session on January 24th - November 25, 2016
- Lucidchart Review - July 2, 2016
- Customization vs. Personalization - June 28, 2016