How Technology is Making Us Lazy
Inspiration for this article came from David Dick at STC’s Notebook.
Technology is making our life much more comfortable, and we are getting lazier.
Here are some of the ways technology is making us lazy:
- You only visit friends or family on FaceTime or Skype.
- You wonder where someone is if they don’t answer their cell phone immediately.
- You buy a new pair of jeans on the Internet.
- You pay all your bills online.
- You order food and groceries online.
- You blame your GPS for sending you to a dead end street.
- You use Facebook to send holiday cards.
- Your kids consider Wikipedia a reliable resource for term papers.
- Family time involves everyone sitting together in the living room playing Candy Crush on their smartphones.
- You friend and unfriend people on social networks without actually meeting them.
- You write to your mother by sending text messages.
- You call your father in the living room from your bedroom because you don’t want to get out of bed.