March WordPress Portfolio and Resume 1/2 Day Workshop – Open to All
March 10th, 2018
From 8:30-1PM with continental breakfast and coffee service
In today’s world, the first thing recruiters want to see AFTER your resume is a portfolio of your work. You no longer have the opportunity to show it during the interview. You won’t get to the interview stage without the portfolio.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Create either a hosted or free WordPress site (you will do this piece during outside setup prior to the class)
- Select from one of several free themes that are good choices to use for an online portfolio
- Install WordPress and add a theme to your site
- Learn a tiny bit of HTML code to make your Portfolio and Resume show better
- Turn your current resume into an online version
- Add images to your resume
- Add portfolio pieces and images to your portfolio page to allow recruiters to review images and more in-dept examples of your work.
- Learn to change themes
- Learn to add additional plugins to enhance the appearance of your site
Pre-Setup Online Session Required!
Note: You will need to attend a 1-hour session prior to attending the workshop to verify that you’ve set up your software and site prior to the class. There will not be time to do setup in class. You will also be sent setup instructions on what you need prior to the class.
The options to attend the setup sessions are listed below, so make sure to put one of these on your calendar and use the information below to attend one of them.
- Sunday, February 25th, from 5-6 pm
- Saturday, March 3rd from 9-10 am
Use this info to attend either check in meeting:
If you want to attend using VOIP, you must sign on early and go through the testing process for your audio and speaker components or else you are guaranteed to have problems. If you miss the test, just use the telephone option and call in.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/355419188
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16468769923,,355419188# or +16699006833,,355419188#
Bring your computer and an electronic version of your resume and come prepared to work on your profile during the workshop.
Speaker: Lin Laurie, experienced web developer, WordPress user, trainer, and STC-Puget Sound President, is the owner of www.linlaurie.com and is a consultant and RoboHelp expert. She is an Adobe Technical Training Partner and provides training for Captivate and Adobe products. She recently created the current STC-ORG site and has also created several other WordPress sites during her career in web development.