WordPress Portfolio and Resume 1/2 Day Workshop
June 30th, 2018
From 8:30-2PM with continental breakfast and coffee service
In today’s world, the first thing recruiters want to see AFTER your resume is a portfolio of your work. You no longer have the opportunity to show it during the interview. You won’t get to the interview stage without the portfolio.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Create either a hosted or free WordPress site (you will do this piece during outside setup prior to the class)
- Select from one of several free themes that are good choices to use for an online portfolio
- Install WordPress and add a theme to your site
- Learn a tiny bit of HTML code to make your Portfolio and Resume show better
- Turn your current resume into an online version
- Add images to your resume
- Add portfolio pieces and images to your portfolio page to allow recruiters to review images and more in-dept examples of your work.
- Learn to change themes
- Learn to add additional plugins to enhance the appearance of your site
Download the Setup File
Here are the setup instructions. Use these prior to the start of class to set up your WordPress site correctly: WordPress Setup PPT File
Bring your computer and an electronic version of your resume and come prepared to work on your profile during the workshop.
Also there is no lunch hour so bring a snack in case the class runs long.
University of WA – Loew Hall (room TBD)
Speaker: Lin Laurie, experienced web developer, WordPress user, trainer, and STC-Puget Sound President, is the owner of www.linlaurie.com and is a consultant and RoboHelp expert. She is an Adobe Technical Training Partner and provides training for Captivate and Adobe products. She recently created the current STC-ORG site and has also created several other WordPress sites during her career in web development. You can check her website for upcoming classes and free webinars.